I had been using the Crunchyroll free plan for the last 3 months and watched a few episodes of Attack on Titan and other popular anime titles on it.
To stream the latest episodes of Demon Slayer and get complete access to the Crunchyroll library, I planned on upgrading to its premium membership.
However, I wasn’t sure which premium plan offered the best perks and value for money.
To learn more, I read through the discussion threads on the Crunchyroll subreddit and also visited their official website.
A lot of folks recommended going for a Mega Fan membership to get the best out of anime streaming on Crunchyroll with additional benefits.
I learned about the Crunchyroll Mega Fan membership perks and also got a way to select the best premium plan based on my streaming preferences.
The Crunchyroll Mega Fan Membership offers unlimited, ad-free access to the Crunchyroll library and new episodes just an hour after their release in Japan. Additionally, it provides access to digital manga, streaming, and offline viewing on 4 devices at a time.
Perks Of The Crunchyroll Mega Fan Membership
The Crunchyroll Mega Fan premium subscription offers several benefits for anime enthusiasts including:
- Ad-free access to the world’s largest anime collection for uninterrupted streaming
- Unlimited access to the Crunchyroll library with over 1,000 titles and 30,000 episodes
- New episodes after one hour of their release in Japan
- Stream on 4 devices at a time to enjoy watching on multiple devices like TV, smartphone, and laptop
- Offline viewing to watch your favorite anime anytime and anywhere
- Access to special Crunchyroll Expo events and lotteries
- 16% discount on the monthly plan when billed every 12 months
How to Sign Up For the Crunchyroll Mega Fan Membership?
While you can directly subscribe to a Mega Fan membership, I’d recommend going for a 14-day free trial to ensure that the plan suits your streaming preferences.
Follow these steps:
- Visit the official Crunchyroll website or launch the Crunchyroll app
- Log into your Crunchyroll account or create a new one
- Click on Try Free Premium > View Premium Plans
- Select the Mega Fan option and click on Start 14-Day Free Trial or Skip Free Trial
- Add your desired payment method such as credit card or PayPal
- Confirm your payment and start streaming right away
- If you opt for a 14-Day Free Trial, you’ll need to enter your credit card details including card number, CVV, expiry month/year, etc.
- Make sure that you cancel the subscription before the trial period ends as it will be auto-renewed after the end of 14 days.
Other Crunchyroll Premium Plans To Choose From
Except for the Mega Fan membership, Crunchyroll offers several other premium plans to fulfill your varied streaming preferences.
Crunchyroll Free Plan
- The free plan requires no extra cost to stream content on the Crunchyroll platform
- Ad-supported streaming access
- Limited access to the Crunchyroll library with popular anime titles
- Allows streaming on the Crunchyroll mobile app
- New simulcast episodes one week after their initial premiere in Japan
Crunchyroll Fan Membership
- Ad-free viewing for a seamless streaming experience
- Unlimited access to the Crunchyroll library
- Access to digital manga
- New episodes available an hour after their release in Japan
- Streaming is limited to 1 device at a time
Crunchyroll Ultimate Fan Membership
- Unlimited and ad-free access to the Crunchyroll library
- New episodes one hour after their release in Japan
- Access to digital manga available in English
- Stream on up to 6 devices at a time
- Offline viewing for uninterrupted access to your favorite anime
- Priority access to special Crunchyroll Expo events and lotteries
- $25 off for $100 purchase on the Crunchyroll Store every 3 months
- Annual swag bag
- Get access to an exclusive limited run Home Nendoroid figure
Crunchyroll Premium Plans: Pricing
Here’s the pricing for all available Crunchyroll premium plans:
- Fan Membership: $7.99/month
- Mega Fan Membership: $9.99/month
- Mega Fan 12-Month Membership: $79.99/yr (16% discount on the yearly plan)
- Ultimate Fan Membership: $14.99/month
Enjoy Binge Watching Your Favorite Anime Via Crunchyroll Premium
The best way to ensure that Crunchyroll suits your streaming preferences and has got your favorite anime content available is by signing up for its free plan.
Though the ad-supported viewing experience may not be suitable for binge-watching, it would still help you decide if you want to upgrade to a premium plan or not.
For casual and uninterrupted streaming with ad-free access limited to a single device, Crunchyroll Fan membership is the best choice.
If you’ve got a group of friends or family members who are regular anime viewers, the Mega Fan membership suits you best as it allows streaming on up to 4 devices at a time.
The Ultimate Fan membership allows you to get the best out of anime streaming on up to 6 devices, access to Crunchyroll expo events, lotteries, and special discounts on Crunchyroll Store purchases.
Except for the traditional payment options, you can also subscribe to Crunchyroll premium plans via platforms such as Google Play Store, Apple iTunes, etc.
If you’ve got a VRV subscription to access Crunchyroll, ensure that the VRV email account is the same as Crunchyroll.
This is because your VRV account will be automatically shifted to a new Crunchyroll account as the VRV platform is shutting down by May this year.
You may need to get in touch with the Crunchyroll Support Team if you’re using a different email for the VRV and Crunchyroll accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Crunchyroll Mega Fan membership available in all countries?
Crunchyroll Mega Fan membership is available in most countries where Crunchyroll is available. However, the content available in the Crunchyroll library may vary depending on your region. This is usually because some content is region restricted and may not be available in your country. You can get in touch with the Crunchyroll Support Team if you’re unable to stream a specific episode or anime even after having a Mega Fan subscription.
Can I access Crunchyroll Mega Fan membership perks through VRV?
If you’ve got a VRV premium subscription, you can enjoy all Crunchyroll membership perks such as ad-free access to content, episodes available one hour after their release in Japan, and unlimited access to the Crunchyroll library. To do this, log into your VRV account and link it to the Crunchyroll account. Log into your Crunchyroll account and start streaming.
How to pay for a Crunchyroll premium membership through a Google Play gift card?
Google Play billing for Crunchyroll Premium is limited to Android devices only. If you’ve got a Google Play gift card, redeem it through your account on the Google Play Store. Now, launch the Crunchyroll app and go to the Premium Plans section. Select your preferred premium plan and choose Google Play as your payment method.
Does Crunchyroll Ultimate Fan membership offer access to more anime titles?
The Crunchyroll Ultima Fan membership does not provide any access to more anime titles. All premium plans on Crunchyroll offer unlimited access to the Crunchyroll library including Fan and Mega Fan membership. However, with an Ultimate Fan subscription, you can stream on up to 6 devices at a time. Additionally, you get limited access to purchase the exclusive anime Nendoroid figures and statues.