Yesterday, when I tried to stream Attack on Titan on Crunchyroll, I got a pop-up message asking me to try a 14-day free trial.
This was unexpected as I had subscribed to the Mega Fan yearly subscription of Crunchyroll via VRV a few months back.
To verify the subscription validity, I checked my VRV account details. It showed that my membership still has over 6 months left.
Clueless about why the Crunchyroll premium wasn’t working, I referred to the articles on Crunchyroll and VRV website related to premium membership and account linking issues.
I easily got back access to Crunchyroll premium perks and also learned about Crunchyroll’s latest announcement related to VRV.
If Crunchyroll premium is not working, get in touch with the Crunchyroll Support Team to fix the membership deactivation error. Provide them with details including membership amount, date of transaction, credit card details, PayPal email, and transaction ID based on your payment method.
Get In Touch With Crunchyroll If The Membership Is Deactivated
Firstly, check if you’re logged into the correct Crunchyroll account and if the membership amount is deducted from your account.
If Crunchyroll premium is not working even after the membership amount is deducted, it might be deactivated due to an error.
In that case, contact the Crunchyroll Support Team describing your issue and request them to manually fix the error.
To get a faster response and get this issue resolved as quickly as possible, provide Crunchyroll Support with the following information:
- The membership amount
- The date of your transaction
If you use a credit card for membership payment or renewal:
- Full name as mentioned on the credit card
- The type of your credit card (For example Visa, MasterCard, etc.)
- The last 4 digits of your credit card number
- The expiration date of the credit card
- Billing zip of the credit card
If you’re being billed via PayPal:
- The primary email used for your PayPal account
- The PayPal transaction ID for the specific payment (if available)
Once you’ve sent all these details to Crunchyroll, wait for their Support Team to revert back and resolve the issue.
Payment Not Received By Crunchyroll
The most common reason why the Crunchyroll premium may not be working is because they haven’t received your payment.
You can confirm if the payment was sent by going through your billing statements. Ensure that the amount wasn’t refunded to your account due to failed payment.
Crunchyroll claims that in case the payment is not received by them, your premium membership is automatically canceled within 10-30 days.
In that case, you need to purchase a new Crunchyroll premium subscription.
Ensure That You’re Using The Correct Crunchyroll Account
It’s possible that you may have created multiple accounts during sign up and have logged into a different Crunchyroll account that doesn’t have an active subscription.
Check the Order Status page to confirm any recent purchases. If you’re unable to find any orders, the subscription might be activated in a different account.
Try locating the account with active premium membership and log into the same to start watching premium content on Crunchyroll.
Fix Crunchyroll Premium Not Working Through VRV
If you’ve got a VRV premium account or a subscription to the Crunchyroll channel on VRV, you need to link your VRV account to Crunchyroll to get access to the premium content.
Follow these steps if your VRV premium account is not linked to the Crunchyroll account:
- Visit VRV.co
- Log into your VRV account
- Click Account on the upper-right corner
- Select Link Accounts
- Follow the on-screen instructions to link your Crunchyroll account to VRV
- Log into your Crunchyroll account or launch the Crunchyroll app to enjoy premium content on the platform
If the Crunchyroll premium isn’t working even after you’ve linked the account with VRV on the mobile device, follow these instructions:
- Sign out of your account on the VRV app
- Close the VRV app completely
- Go to app info based on your device and clear the cache for the VRV app
- Launch the app again and sign back into your VRV account
- Try using the Crunchyroll app or website again and check if the premium membership is available now
If you’re still having trouble streaming premium content on Crunchyroll, get in touch with VRV support for further assistance.
Crunchyroll To Shut Down VRV Soon: All Expected Changes
Crunchyroll has recently announced that VRV will be discontinued soon. All the anime content available on VRV will be available on Crunchyroll.
However, the non-anime and VRV-exclusive content will be shut down completely on 8th May 2023.
If you’re subscribed to the VRV premium membership, you can watch all of Crunchyroll’s content over the Crunchyroll app or website.
Note that the content from other channels available on VRV including Mondo and VRV Select will not be available to stream after the shutdown.
As a VRV user, note the following points and take the necessary steps before the shutdown:
- If you’ve got a VRV premium account, it will automatically change to a Crunchyroll account after VRV shuts down
- If you use the same email used for the VRV account to create a new Crunchyroll account, both accounts will be merged automatically
- Your watch history and queued content on VRV will be shifted to your new Crunchyroll account
- Moreover, your billing information and account balance on VRV will also be available on the new account
- Your premium VRV account will be known as the Crunchyroll premium account and the billing will continue as usual
- All VRV credits and gift cards will also go into the Crunchyroll premium membership
Note: Prefer redeeming any VRV gift cards as soon as possible to avoid seeking further assistance from the Crunchyroll support team after the transition.
As an existing Crunchyroll user:
- If you’ve got both VRV and Crunchyroll accounts, ensure that both accounts are using the same email address
- In that case, both accounts will merge automatically
- If you’re signed up with different email accounts, you need to get in touch with the Crunchyroll Support Team right away to get your accounts merged
Enjoy Uninterrupted Access To Premium Content On Crunchyroll
If the Crunchyroll premium is not working and you’ve purchased it on your iOS device such as iPhone or iPad, get in touch with Apple Support for further assistance.
Subscriptions via iTunes are different from the ones made through Crunchyroll directly. Third parties such as Crunchyroll don’t have access to the iTunes billing system.
Alternatively, if you’ve purchased the Crunchyroll premium via Google Play Store, you need to contact Google Play Customer Service and request a cancellation and refund.
Prefer getting a Crunchyroll subscription through the Crunchyroll app or website directly to avoid such issues.
If you’re unable to stream any content on the Crunchyroll app or website, visit Downdetector to check any reported server issues or outages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I getting ads on Crunchyroll Premium?
If you are still seeing ads on Crunchyroll Premium despite having a paid subscription, it could be due to membership deactivation or technical issues. Try logging out and logging back into your account. Check the account details page on the Crunchyroll app or website to verify if your membership is activated. If the ads keep coming, get in touch with the Crunchyroll membership support team for further assistance.
How can I cancel my Crunchyroll premium membership?
You can easily cancel the Crunchyroll membership after 24 hours of renewal or payment. If you’re using a free trial, you must cancel the membership before the trial period expires to avoid being charged. The procedure to cancel your membership varies depending on your payment method. For iTunes and Google Play Store, visit Apple Support and Google Play Services for cancellation instructions. For credit card cancellation, go to your account billing page.
Why are some premium videos not playing on Crunchyroll?
If some videos or a specific series are not playing on Crunchyroll, check if it is dubbed in another language. If you want to view International dubbed content, you need to ensure that the dubbed language matches your preferred language in the settings. For example, if you’re trying to watch English dubs, check if your preferred language is set to English. You can also get in touch with Crunchyroll support if the issue is related to one video and provide them with the details to check the encoding of that video.
How can I upgrade from a 3-month or 12-month Fan to Mega fan membership?
The options to upgrade to a Mega Fan membership depends on the current period of your membership. However, there’s no direct way to upgrade your membership on Crunchyroll. You need to get in touch with the Crunchyroll support team and fill out a contact form with all the necessary details to request a membership upgrade.