After a hectic day at work, I was all set for a feel-good Netflix movie night on my Hisense TV when I realized that the remote control was broken and not working. I have been using the TV for about a year and had planned on getting a universal remote to control both my TV and streaming device with a single remote.
Though I turned the TV on using the physical power button, I couldn’t get it to connect to WiFi without using the remote. I just needed a temporary way to connect my TV to WiFi and get back to streaming the movie. I spent some time going through solution articles online and watched relevant videos in search of a way to get my TV connected to WiFi.
I finally found a way to connect my Hisense TV to WiFi and easily control it without using a remote. Here’s how:
The easiest way to connect Hisense TV to WiFi without a remote is by using an ethernet cable. Connect the ethernet cable to the WiFi router and Hisense TV’s LAN port.
Use a Temporary Wired Connection Via An Ethernet Cable
Using an ethernet cable is the best way to connect your Hisense TV to WiFi without using a remote control. Once the connection is successful, this method allows you to connect wirelessly by using the RemoteNow mobile app.
Here’s how to connect an ethernet cable to your Hisense TV:
- Firstly, make sure that your Hisense TV model has a LAN port available. In case your TV doesn’t have a LAN port, this method is not applicable.
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to your WiFi router and the other end to the Hisense TV’s LAN port
- Once your TV is turned on, try using any app that requires an internet connection such as YouTube or Netflix to verify if the internet is working properly
Use the RemoteNow app to connect wirelessly:
- Download and install the RemoteNow app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- While your TV is already connected to the router via ethernet cable, make sure that your phone is connected to the same network
- As you’ve now got both devices connected to the same network, open the RemoteNow app on your phone
- Now pair your Hisense TV to your phone via the RemoteNow app and use it to go to the TV Settings
- Scroll down and select Network and go to Network Configuration
- Refresh the available list of WiFi networks and search for the network you want to connect
- Enter the WiFi password and wait for your TV to connect
- Once the wireless connection is successful, you can remove the ethernet cable
Use the Hisense TV Physical Buttons
Most modern and older Hisense TVs are equipped with physical buttons that may allow you to manage some controls on the TV. While some models only have a power button located underneath the logo, others have power and navigation buttons usually located on the back left side of the TV.
For Hisense TV models with power and navigation buttons (Channel, volume, input):
- Use the navigation buttons to go to the TV Settings
- Now open Network
- Go to Network Configuration and select the WiFi network you want to connect
- Enter the password and wait for the TV to connect
Entering your password might be difficult using the physical buttons but this might help your TV connect to Wifi. Note that in case your Hisense TV has a single power button, this method may not work for you, try using the next troubleshooting method.
Use Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
If you’ve lost your remote or it’s not working, you can connect the Hisense TV to WiFi by using a wireless keyboard and mouse. This method would be your best option in case your TV only has a single power button located below the logo.
Most Hisense TVs don’t require any additional settings to configure the wireless mouse and keyboard.
If you’ve got a wireless keyboard and mouse available, follow these steps to connect them to your Hisense TV:
- Turn on your Hisense TV using the physical power button. Most Hisense TVs have Power, Volume, and Channel buttons located on their backside
- Now, insert the wireless keyboard or mouse adapter into the USB port of the TV
- A cursor icon should appear on the TV screen
- Use the mouse to click on the TV Settings
- Select Network to open the available list of WiFi networks
- Click on Network Configuration and choose your preferred network
- Use the keyboard to input the WiFi password and wait for the TV to connect to the internet
Smart Suggestion: Use the RemoteNow app to Easily Control Your Hisense TV
Using one of the above methods, you may have got your Hisense TV connected to WiFi without a remote. However, the physical TV buttons aren’t reliable for regular use and you may need an effective way to control the TV without the remote.
Pairing your TV with your smartphone via RemoteNow mobile app allows you to easily control the TV. The RemoteNow app functions as a virtual remote and navigation tool for specific Hisense TV models.
Follow these steps to add your Hisense TV to the RemoteNow app:
- Launch the RemoteNow app on your Android or iOS device
- Ensure that your TV is connected to the same WiFi network as the smartphone
- Tap on the TV icon on the top-left corner of the screen
- From the list of available devices, select your Hisense TV
- Check if a code appears on your TV screen and enter it on the app to complete the pairing
- Tap on Turn on in the RemoteNow app and you can use your phone as a remote control now
Here’s a list of Hisense TV models with their manufacturing years that support the RemoteNow mobile app:
- 2021 – A4G, A6G, A7G, U7G, U8G, and U9G
- 2020 – S4, S5, SX, S8, Q7, and Q8
- 2019 – R8, R7, R6, R5, and R4
- 2018 – P9, P8, P7, P6, and P5
Get The WiFi Enabled On Your Hisense TV
If your Hisense TV remote is lost or not working at all, it can be really difficult to connect it to a WiFi network. The best option is to use an ethernet cable and connect it to the LAN port of the router and Hisense TV. Once the wired connection is successful, you can even connect it wirelessly using the RemoteNow mobile app.
Some Hisense TV models have physical buttons to control power, volume, channels, and change the input as well on the back side of the TV. You can use the physical buttons to navigate to the Network Settings of your TV and connect it to WiFi. However, adding the WiFi password using this method can be difficult.
An easier alternative is to use a wireless keyboard and mouse to control the TV. To do this, simply connect the wireless keyboard and mouse adapter to the USB port of the TV. Now quickly navigate to the network settings via mouse and enter the WiFi password using the keyboard.
If you’re not able to use the Hisense TV due to a broken or lost remote, the best way is to pair the TV with your mobile using the RemoteNow mobile app. The app acts as a virtual remote and offers multiple navigation options for complete control of the TV. The major requirement for this app to work is that both your TV and phone must be connected to the same network connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my smartphone as a remote to connect my Hisense TV to WiFi?
You can use your smartphone as a remote to connect your Hisense TV to WiFi by using a remote control app. To do this, download and install the Hisense TV remote control app called RemoteNow, which is available for both iOS and Android devices. Make sure that you connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network as your TV, then use the app to search for your TV and start using the remote.
What should I do if my Hisense TV won’t connect to WiFi?
If your Hisense TV won’t connect to WiFi, try the following steps: restart the TV, restart or power cycle your router, make sure your TV and router are within range, check the network name and password, and reset the TV to its factory settings. Verify if the network connection is stable by using the internet on other devices such as your smartphone or laptop. You can also perform a Speed Test on Google or Speedtest.net to verify if you’re facing some connectivity issues.
Do universal remotes work with Hisense TV?
There are several universal remotes compatible with Hisense TVs. For the best connectivity and support, I’d recommend using the Universal For All Hisense TV Remote available on Amazon. To pair a universal remote with your Hisense TV, you may require a universal remote code. You can search on the internet for a compatible universal remote code for your specific TV model.
Where are the physical buttons located on my Hisense TV?
The location of physical buttons on Hisense TVs varies depending on the model. Most recent Hisense TVs are only equipped with a single power button that is usually located underneath the Hisense logo. However, some older models have navigation buttons to control volume or change channels and input including the power button. Run your fingers on the back side of your Hisense TV to locate these buttons. In general, these buttons are located on the left side of the back of the TV.