I love streaming YouTube walkthroughs of my favorite video games before drifting off to sleep.
However, watching them over the small screen of my phone puts too much stress on my eyes.
So, I decided to set up my old Vizio TV in the bedroom.
But the first jolt came when I couldn’t find its remote. Still, I hoped the TV would connect to my Wi-Fi automatically, but it refused to do so.
I went to the Vizio website and came across a support article suggesting to check the TV’s IP address to identify its network issues.
While I knew how to find the IP address in the TV settings, I was unable to access it without the remote.
Hence began my search for alternate ways to find the IP address of my TV.
After going through dozens of YouTube tutorials and help guides, I learned a few ways to locate the IP address of a Vizio TV.
And while most of those solutions required a Wi-Fi connection or an external device, I found a pretty easy way to do so.
You can find the IP address of a Vizio TV without a remote by using its physical buttons. Press the Menu button, use the arrow buttons to find Network, and press Menu again to bring up your Vizio TV’s IP address.
What is the IP Address of a Vizio TV?
The IP (Internet Protocol) address of a Vizio TV is a unique set of numbers used to identify it on a local network or the Internet.
It allows other devices on the same network to interact and communicate with the TV.
The IP address of a Vizio TV is usually in the format of “192.168.X.X” or “10.0.0.X”. X represents any number between 0 and 255.
The exact IP address of your TV depends on your network configuration and may be different from other TVs.
You can find the IP address of your Vizio TV in the TV settings, the Vizio Mobile app, or on your computer connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.
Use the Physical Buttons of Your Vizio TV
This is the easiest way to find the IP address of a Vizio TV, as it doesn’t require an Internet connection, external device, or any installation.
All you need to do is access your TV’s settings using its physical buttons.
These buttons are located either on the bottom or side panels of your Vizio TV.
Once you locate the buttons, follow these steps:
- With your TV on, press the Menu button.
- Use the arrow buttons to navigate to Network. If your TV does not have these buttons, you can use the Volume and Channel buttons to navigate the options.
- Press Menu again to open the network settings.
- Your Vizio TV’s IP address will be displayed here.
If you cannot see the IP address, scroll down to see if it’s hidden off the screen.
You can also connect your Vizio TV to Wi-Fi without a remote.
Use the Vizio Mobile App
If your Vizio TV is connected to a Wi-Fi network, you can use the Vizio Mobile app to find its IP address.
This app acts as a virtual remote to help you navigate your TV interface.
In case you have never used the app before, you will first need to download and install it on your phone.
Once downloaded, you can connect the Vizio Mobile app to your TV via these steps:
- Launch the Vizio Mobile app on your phone.
- Go through the on-screen instructions to sign into your Vizio account.
- Tap the Devices icon.
- Tap the + icon to add a new device. Make sure your phone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Select your Vizio TV from the list of available devices.
Now that the Vizio Mobile app is connected to your TV follow these steps to locate the TV’s IP address:
- Open the Vizio Mobile app on your phone.
- Tap on the Devices icon and select your Vizio TV.
- Your Vizio TV settings will now be displayed in the app.
- Scroll down to Network Information. Your Vizio TV’s IP address will be listed in this section.
If you are not able to locate the IP address within the Vizio Mobile app, you can also use its virtual remote to locate it in your Vizio TV settings.
- Launch the Vizio Mobile app on your phone.
- Click on the Remote option.
- With your Vizio TV turned on, press Home on the remote within the app.
- Navigate to the Vizio TV Settings using the arrow buttons.
- Click on Network Status or IP Configuration. Your Vizio TV’s IP address will be displayed on the TV screen.
Use Your Computer
You can also look for your Vizio TV’s IP address using your computer.
For this, your computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.
Once connected, you can use the computer to display the IP addresses of all devices connected to your Wi-Fi network.
To do so, you need to:
- Press Win + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Type cmd and press Enter. If you are using a Mac operating system, go to Terminal.
- Type arp -a in the window that opens up.
- Press Enter. The IP addresses of all the devices connected to your Wi-Fi will now be displayed on the screen.
Look for Vizio, followed by your TV’s model number. Your TV’s IP address will be given beside the TV’s name.
Other Ways to Find Your Vizio TV’s IP Address
If your Vizio TV is not connected to a Wi-Fi network, you can use a few alternate methods to find its IP address.
These methods require a third-party installation or an additional device.
Use a Universal Remote App
While you cannot connect the Vizio Mobile app to your Vizio TV without Wi-Fi, you can operate the TV using a universal remote app.
Note: Your smartphone must be equipped with an Infrared (IR) blaster for this to work.
If your smartphone has an IR blaster:
- Download any universal remote app on your phone.
- Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to pair it with your Vizio TV.
- Make sure you are pointing your phone toward your TV’s IR sensor while trying to pair the two.
Once the app is paired, you can use the app to navigate through your TV settings and locate the IP address.
Use a USB Keyboard or Mouse
If your phone does not have an IR blaster, you can control your Vizio TV using a keyboard or mouse.
All Vizio TV models are equipped with a USB input port, and you can use it to connect a USB keyboard or mouse to the TV.
Once connected, use the keyboard or mouse to navigate the TV settings and locate the IP address.
If none of the methods covered above help you find your Vizio TV’s IP address, you can refer to its user manual or contact Vizio Support.
Your Vizio TV’s IP Address Right in Your Hands
It was frustrating when I was not able to watch my favorite YouTubers on my Vizio TV as I could not connect it to Wi-Fi without a remote.
On top of that, I never knew that a TV’s IP address had such importance. And yet, here I was, trying different ways to locate my Vizio TV’s IP address.
Yes, it would have been straightforward if my Vizio Mobile app had been connected to the TV. But without the app and remote, I had to take a longer route.
I finally learned how to access my TV settings using the physical buttons to locate its IP address.
Now that I have learned my lesson, I have written down the IP address for all my devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change the IP address of my Vizio TV?
Yes, you can change the IP address of your Vizio TV by accessing its network settings and manually entering a new IP address.
Is the IP address of my Vizio TV important?
The IP address of your Vizio TV is used to identify it and connect it to a network. Without a valid IP address, your TV won’t be able to access the Internet or other network resources.
What are the common issues related to the IP address of a Vizio TV?
Some common issues related to the IP address of a Vizio TV include an incorrect, duplicate, or unassigned IP address. All of these can lead to network connectivity issues.