I’ve got a Crunchyroll Mega Fan yearly subscription and have been enjoying some latest anime series on my iPhone for the last 3 months.
When I got a new LG C2X OLED TV last week, I decided to binge-watch the latest season of Demon Slayer on it.
As I couldn’t find the Crunchyroll app on the LG Content Store, I did a quick Google search to confirm if the app isn’t officially available on LG TVs.
To get the best out of streaming my favorite anime shows on the OLED screen, I started searching for a way to watch Crunchyroll content on my LG TV.
Some folks on community forums suggested connecting a streaming device to the LG TV and installing the Crunchyroll app on it.
I finally got to stream the Crunchyroll content on my LG TV and also found a list of AirPlay 2 compatible LG TVs to cast content directly from an iOS device.
The Crunchyroll app is not officially available on the LG Content Store. To stream Crunchyroll content on your LG TV, launch the default Web Browser app. Enter Crunchyroll.com on the address bar and visit their official website. Log into your Crunchyroll account and start streaming.
Use LG TV Web Browser To Stream Via The Official Crunchyroll Website
Most Android TVs have the Crunchyroll app available to download and install on the Google Play Store.
However, as all LG Smart TVs run on the WebOS platform, the Crunchyroll app is not officially available on the LG Content Store.
While you cannot download the Crunchyroll app on your LG TV directly, you can still use the Web browser app on your TV to stream your favorite anime.
- Press the Home button on your LG TV remote
- Navigate to the Web Browser app and launch it
- Enter Crunchyroll.com in the search address bar and visit the website
- Navigate to the Account Menu on the top right corner to log into your Crunchyroll account
- Start streaming your favorite Crunchyroll content on the LG TV
Couple A Compatible Streaming Device To Get Crunchyroll On LG TV
One of the best ways to watch Crunchyroll content on your LG TV is by connecting it to a compatible streaming device.
The streaming devices that support Crunchyroll app include Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV Stick, and Roku.
Cast Crunchyroll Content To The Chromecast Device
The Chromecast device allows you to cast Crunchyroll content through your Android device to the LG TV.
Connect the Chromecast device to your LG TV and complete the Chromecast setup through the Google Home app.
Once the setup is complete, you can start casting content from the Crunchyroll app on your Android smartphone or tablet.
Follow these instructions:
- Connect your Chromecast and Android device to the same WiFi network
- Launch the Crunchyroll app on your Android device
- Play any content you want to watch on the LG TV screen and tap on the Cast button
- Note: The Cast button is usually located on the top right corner when you tap the screen when something is playing
- Tap on your Chromecast device from the available device list
- The cast button should turn solid when the connection is successful
- The Crunchyroll content should start playing on your TV screen now
Alternatively, you can also cast Crunchyroll from your laptop or PC using the Chrome browser.
- Open the Chrome browser on your PC or laptop
- Visit the official Crunchyroll website and log into your account
- Click the 3 dots located on the top right corner and select Cast
- Wait for the browser to search for your Chromecast device and click on it
- Start playing any Crunchyroll content on your laptop or PC to cast it on the LG TV
Install Crunchyroll App on Amazon Fire TV Stick
If you’ve got an Amazon Fire TV Stick connected to your LG TV, you can directly install the Crunchyroll app on it.
Follow these steps:
- From the Fire TV Home screen, search for the Crunchyroll app.
- You can also search for the Crunchyroll app using voice search. Simply press the voice button and say “Search for Crunchyroll” on your Alexa Voice Remote
- Select the Crunchyroll app icon to highlight it.
- Select Get to start downloading the app.
- Launch the Crunchyroll app and log into your account to start streaming right away.
Add Crunchyroll App To Your Roku Device
Similar to the Amazon Fire TV Stick, you can also add the Crunchyroll app to a Roku device to start streaming on your LG TV.
To add the Crunchyroll app to your Roku device:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote
- Scroll down and select Store
- Select Channels and search for the Crunchyroll app
- Select Add Channel to install the Crunchyroll app
- Launch the app and log in to your Crunchyroll account and start streaming
Use Apple AirPlay To Stream Crunchyroll Content On Your LG TV
Most LG Smart TVs support AirPlay 2 which allows you to cast media directly from your iOS device to the TV.
Here’s a list of AirPlay 2 compatible LG TVs:
|TV Model Year
|AirPlay 2 Compatible Series
|OLED: All OLED ModelsQNED: All QNED ModelsUHD: UQ Series, NANO Series
|OLED: All OLED ModelsQNED: All QNED ModelsUHD: UP Series, NANO Series
|OLED: BX/CX/GX/WX/ZX/RXUHD: UN Series, NANO Series
|OLED: B9/C9/E9/W9/Z9UHD: UM Series, SM Series
|OLED: B8/C8/E8/W8/Z8UHD: UK Series, SK Series
If your LG TV model is available in the above list, follow these steps to cast Crunchyroll content from your iOS device:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi network as the LG TV
- Launch the Crunchyroll app and play the anime series or movie on it
- Tap on the AirPlay button located on the playback screen
- Select your LG TV from the list of available devices
- Your selected content will start playing on the LG TV via AirPlay
Stream Crunchyroll Content Via Game Console On Your LG TV
Most popular game consoles such as Xbox or PlayStation have the Crunchyroll app natively available on their respective app stores.
You can also use the game console to stream Crunchyroll content on the LG TV. Depending on the game console, the app installation method will vary.
Install Crunchyroll on PlayStation 5
- Turn on your PS5 and switch and switch to the correct input
- Navigate to the Media tab from the top of the screen
- Now go to All Apps
- Click on the Crunchyroll app icon from the available apps
- The Crunchyroll app will be added to the download library
- After a few seconds, the Crunchyroll app will be installed
- Launch the Crunchyroll app on the PS5 and log into your account
- You can now start streaming through the game console
Install Crunchyroll on Xbox Series X/S
Go to the Home screen of your Xbox Series X/S
- Navigate right to access the Microsoft Store
- Go to the Apps section and search for the Crunchyroll app
- If you’re unable to find the Crunchyroll app, select Search for all apps and search for Crunchyroll
- Select Install to get the app on your Xbox
- You can now launch the Crunchyroll app and log in to your account to start streaming
Note: If you’ve got any older version of PlayStation or Xbox connected to the LG TV, you can refer to the user manual or search online to find out how to install the Crunchyroll app on it.
Enjoy Your Favorite Anime Through Crunchyroll On LG TV
If you’re stuck on the captcha page while trying to log into your Crunchyroll account through the TV’s Web Browser app, opt for casting content from your iPhone or use a streaming device instead.
You can also get a Chromecast With Google TV to get the best out of streaming on your LG TV and directly install the Crunchyroll app as well.
From the Google TV home screen, scroll to the Apps section on the top of the screen. Search for the Crunchyroll app icon and install it on the streaming device.
You can also get the Crunchyroll app on your Apple TV device. Go to the Apple App Store and search for the Crunchyroll app icon.
Click on Get using the Siri Remote and wait for the app to get installed. Launch the Crunchyroll app and start streaming.
If you’re getting a black screen while casting Crunchyroll content from your Android phone or tablet, try using the Chrome browser instead.
Visit the official Crunchyroll website and log into your account. Tap on the 3 dots on the top right corner and select Cast. Choose your LG TV to start casting directly from the Chrome browser.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a subscription to use Crunchyroll on my LG TV?
You do not need a subscription to watch Crunchyroll content on your LG TV. Crunchyroll offers free streaming with ads and limited access to the Crunchyroll library. However, to get access to the latest content, ad-free streaming, and new episodes after an hour of their release in Japan, you need to purchase the Mega Fan or Ultimate Fan subscription.
Can I use the screen mirroring feature on my smartphone to watch Crunchyroll on my LG TV?
You can mirror your smartphone screen to the LG TV using its default screen mirroring feature such as Smart View, Screencast, Screen Sharing, etc. However, when you play any Crunchyroll content on your phone, it may show a black screen on the TV. This is usually due to copyright protection that prevents taking screenshots or screencasting Crunchyroll content. As an alternative, you can try using AirPlay on your iOS device to cast content to your LG TV.
Are there any other similar streaming services that I can use on my LG TV?
You can directly install some popular streaming apps from the LG Content Store including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Disney Plus, etc. Go to the LG Content Store from the LG TV home screen and search for your desired app. Download and install the app to start streaming.
How to fix Crunchyroll buffering issues on my LG TV?
If the Crunchyroll content keeps buffering, it may be due to slow network connection. Try using any other streaming app such as YouTube or Netflix to check if the buffering issue persists. You can try power cycling your WiFi router by unplugging it from the power outlet. Wait for about 30 seconds before plugging it back in. If the buffering issue is limited to Crunchyroll, try restarting your streaming device or use screencasting to use Crunchyroll via Apple AirPlay.